Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

home.

It is no secret that living in San Francisco is expensive. Like beyond expensive. My little Utah mind has a hard time wrapping around the fact that people pay the same amount of money for rent in an old dumpy apartment in the city that someone in another state pays for a mortgage on a very nice home. 
But alas, this place is amazing, so crazy people like us come. 
Miles is a huge Giants fan and has always dreamed of working in San Francisco. He landed an awesome job with EY in the city, and I am so glad he did. All summer while we were dating, I knew that he would be leaving in the fall to start his job in San Francisco. That fact was a source of lots of mini anxiety attacks and 'what do we do's! When we made the decision to get married and have me move there as well, I was so nervous, but in the back of my mind I knew it would be awesome and I think my non-anxious side was craving an adventure. 

Apartment shopping was the worst. Well, for Miles it was the worst. He moved out to the city the beginning of September and lived in and Airbnb while he looked for a place for us to live. Everything was either super far away from the city, wayyyyy too expensive, had a shared bathroom with the neighbors, or had no oven or something crazy like that. Miles ended up putting a post on Craigslist with our profile and what we were looking for, and miraculously a woman reached out to him and asked us to come look at her home to rent. That doesn't just happen people! She was moving out of the country and needed someone to take care of her house while she is away. Turns out that the house was perfect for us. Great location, size, price, and it even has a washer and dryer! Apparently we were exactly what she was looking for as well, because she is letting us rent her house while she is gone, and she left us all her furniture to use as well. HALLELUJAH! 

This little home of ours is such a blessing from God. Heavenly Father is so good. Just when we start to panic and think that things aren't going to work out, He always steps in and shows us that He is watching out for us and that He is in the details of our lives. I love Him so deeply for that. I wish I could write down and explain all the miracles that have happened in the last year for me, but they are too many to count and so special to me. I don't know what I did to deserve all my blessings, I just hope that I use them the way God wants and that I can share them with others. 

This little home is the place of so many firsts. Our first homemade Sunday dinner together. Our first dance party on the wood floor. Our first Thanksgiving. Our time being real adults. I never want to forget this little home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment